Welcome to St Cuthberts Ormesby
Always know you will be very welcome and we hope that you find us open and friendly people who can provide you with relevance and meaning in your daily life. There has been a church here for over a 1000 years and we want St Cuthbert’s Church to be here for all future generations.
Building the Church Building the Kingdom
To proclaim Christ in our worship and in our community and make disciples of all generations
A warm St Cuthbert's welcome still awaits you, although no refreshments can be provided at the end of the service, and we can no longer sing hymns during the services.
We continue to work with the Government and Church of England Covid-19 guidance in making the church environment as safe as possible and to protect everyone.
- Face coverings are mandatory in places of worship unless you have a legitimate exemptions for health, or where communication is impeded when wearing a mask, or are a bride and groom and those officiating at a wedding.
- On entering and exiting St Cuthbert's everyone is asked to use the hand sanitiser provided in the entrance porch.
- Please always keep to the Government physical (social) distancing guidelines while inside and outside the church. Remember this is still 2 metres without some additional control measures like a face covering.
To maintain physical distancing at the end of the service please follow the one-way system while maintaining physical (social) distancing.
Latest advice from the National Health Service
Give A Little online offerings
The work of our church in the community, and its future, is reliant on people’s generosity, a generosity that is a hallmark of a lived-out faith and a testament to it. Now more than ever, please consider giving generously to support our mission and ministry.
You can support St Cuthbert's by giving online using your Visa or Mastercard Debit or Credit Card.
Click on the give a little button
Thank you for your support
We are all using contactless methods more often, it is easy to make an offering using the Give a Little link above if you are unable to be at a service in church or wish to support your local church.
- Donate using your credit or debit card via the the Give a Little link above. If your donation is below £30 we can claim extra money under the Small Gifts Scheme. You can choose to receive a receipt by email.
Non-Gift Aided offerings - please note that only donations below £30 can be used to claim extra money from HMRC under the Small Gift Scheme (GASDS).
With the start of British Summer Time, starting Tuesday 6th April 2021, we will hold our open Marriage and Baptism Booking Sessions on Tuesday evenings. No need to book, just come along to St Cuthberts on Tuesday evenings between 6pm and 7pm.
- Baptisms. From 21st June 2021 if all goes to plan then there will be no limit on the number attending, other than the capacity of the church. If physical distancing is still a requirement after 21st June then this will place a limit on the capacity of the church. You may need to maintain hygienic precautions, including wearing face masks, and Social distancing between people who do not live together or share a support bubble.
- Weddings. Government guidelines state that they are currently limited to a maximum of 6 people. This will change to a maximum of 15 from 12th April 2021 and to a maximum of 30 from 17th May 2021. From 21st June 2021 if all goes to plan then there will be no limit placed on guests, other than the capacity of the church. If physical distancing is still a requirement after 21st June 2021 then this will place a limit on the capacity of the church. You may need to maintain hygienic precautions, including wearing face masks, and Social distancing between people who do not live together or share a support bubble.
- Funerals. Limited to a maximum of 30 people who must maintain hygienic precautions, including wearing face masks, and Social distancing should be maintained between people who do not live together or share a support bubble.
- Burials or scattering of ashes can continue with up to 6 people in attendance. Social distancing should be maintained between people who do not live together or share a support bubble.
If you cannot make a Tuesday Open Session then please use the online enquiry forms found on the Life Events pages or contact us by email or phone 07715298711. Please note that we will still need to meet you in person at one of the Tuesday Open Sessions.
Due to a clash of commitments on Sunday 23rd May 2021 the Annual Parochial Church Meeting will now take place after the 10am Service on Sunday 30th May at St Cuthberts Parish Church.
There will be no Holy Communion Service on Wednesday this week. Instead, there will be a Service at 10am on Thursday 13th May 2021, Ascension Day instead.
Palm Sunday, 28th March
10am Palm Sunday Holy Communion Service
Maundy Thursday, 1st April
6pm Service and stripping of the altar (commemorates the Washing of the Feet and Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles)
Good Friday, 2nd April
10am Walk of Witness from St Cuthbert’s Church (if coronavirus restrictions allow)
2pm An Hour at the Cross (a time of reflection, meditation and prayer)
Sunday 4th April, Easter Sunday
10:00am Easter Sunday – Holy Communion Service
For those unable to attend services due to the lockdown restrictions or weather conditions the pew sheets, which are currently more mini-bulletins, can be found on the Newletter page. Click the hyperlink or go to the Documents page via the menu bar at the top of the webpage.