Building the Church Building the Kingdom
To proclaim Christ in our worship and in our community and make disciples of all generations
Welcome to St Cuthberts Ormesby
Always know you will be very welcome and we hope that you find us open and friendly people who can provide you with relevance and meaning in your daily life. There has been a church here for over a 1000 years and we want St Cuthbert’s Church to be here for all future generations.
A warm St Cuthbert's welcome still awaits you, although no refreshments can be provided at the end of the service, and we can no longer sing hymns during the services.
We continue to work with the Government and Church of England Covid-19 guidance in making the church environment as safe as possible and to protect everyone. Due to the high incidence of infections both locally and nationally we are asking all users of the Church to continue to observe the regulations that were in place before 19th July 2021 for the time being.
- Although Face coverings are no longer mandatory in places of worship, we ask you to continue to wear them. The exceptions for those exempted and for the bride and groom and those officiating at a wedding not to wear them continues.
- On entering and exiting St Cuthbert's everyone is asked to use the hand sanitiser provided in the entrance porch.
- Please continue to observe the Government physical (social) distancing guidelines while inside and outside the church. Remember this is 2 metres without some additional control measures like a face covering or 1 metre if wearing a face covering.
Please maintain physical distancing at the end of the service, there is a one-way system to help you maintain physical (social) distancing.
Latest advice from the National Health Service
We are all using contactless methods more often, it is easy to make an offering using the Give a Little link if you are unable to attend a service in church or make a donation to our JustGiving appeal and wish to support your local church.
Give A Little online offerings
The work of our church in the community, and its future, is reliant on people’s generosity, a generosity that is a hallmark of a lived-out faith and a testament to it. Now more than ever, please consider giving generously to support our mission and ministry.
- Donate using your credit or debit card via the the Give a Little link below. If your donation is below £30 we can claim extra money under the Small Gifts Scheme. You can choose to receive a receipt by email.
Non-Gift Aided offerings - please note that only donations below £30 can be used to claim extra money from HMRC under the Small Gift Scheme (GASDS).
Click on the give a little button
Thank you for your support
With the start of British Summer Time, starting Tuesday 6th April 2021, we will hold our open Marriage and Baptism Booking Sessions on Tuesday evenings. No need to book, just come along to St Cuthberts on Tuesday evenings between 6pm and 7pm.
If you cannot make a Tuesday Open Session then please use the online enquiry forms found on the Life Events pages or contact us by email or phone 07715298711. Please note that we will still need to meet you in person at one of the Tuesday Open Sessions.
- Although the government have removed restrictions on numbers for Life Events (Christenings, Weddings, Funerals) due to the limitations with ventilation in church you should discuss with those officiating these events on any limits that may be needed due to the continuing high levels of infection both locally and nationally.
- We ask, that, for the time being, everyone using the church continue to wear a face covering, unless exempted, to sanitise your hands on entering and exiting the building and observe appropriate physical (social) distancing at all times to protect yourselves and others using the church.
- We suggest that you continue to use the NHS QR code with the NHS Covid app, or enter your details in the attendance sheet as this aids both your own safety and the safety of others through NHS Test and Trace.
Updated 19th July 2021
Due to a clash of commitments on Sunday 23rd May 2021 the Annual Parochial Church Meeting will now take place after the 10am Service on Sunday 30th May at St Cuthberts Parish Church.
There will be no Holy Communion Service on Wednesday this week. Instead, there will be a Service at 10am on Thursday 13th May 2021, Ascension Day instead.
Palm Sunday, 28th March
10am Palm Sunday Holy Communion Service
Maundy Thursday, 1st April
6pm Service and stripping of the altar (commemorates the Washing of the Feet and Last Supper of Jesus Christ with the Apostles)
Good Friday, 2nd April
10am Walk of Witness from St Cuthbert’s Church (if coronavirus restrictions allow)
2pm An Hour at the Cross (a time of reflection, meditation and prayer)
Sunday 4th April, Easter Sunday
10:00am Easter Sunday – Holy Communion Service
For those unable to attend services due to the lockdown restrictions or weather conditions the pew sheets, which are currently more mini-bulletins, can be found on the Newletter page. Click the hyperlink or go to the Documents page via the menu bar at the top of the webpage.